Head of VAT - In House
|Salary:||To £60,000 dep on exp|
An excellent opportunity for a Senior VAT specialist to lead the in-house VAT team at this global business. The primary responsibilities of this role are to ensure compliance with all VAT requirements and regulations within the EMEA legal entities that are within the scope of the ESSC and ensuring that there is a robust VAT risk management framework and effective system of operational controls in place.
· Managing the VAT compliance process for the EMEA region (13 legal entities in 9 EU jurisdictions) to ensure that all specific in-country VAT and Statutory requirements are delivered accurately and to deadline including VAT, EC Sales Lists and Intrastat Returns and ensuring that all payments are made in accordance with country specific compliance calendars.
· Managing and leading the team of 4 VAT specialists.
· Implementation and operation of a strong internal control environment & framework to ensure compliance with corporate directives & guidelines. Responsible for reviewing and monitoring the integrity of relevant financial systems, tools and data and to follow up and resolve issues with the IT team as required.
· 5-10 years relevant previous senior level indirect tax experience in multi-national organisation or public accounting organisation with significant experience of EMEA VAT in either an advisory capacity and/or a compliance environment and a good understanding of VAT/Customs implications a complex supply chain.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills,
· Ability to balance multiple projects and multiple demands simultaneously with the ability to take ownership and drive change,
· Strong negotiation, interpersonal and leadership skills.
Submit your CV today to be considered or get in touch for more details.
Please note that only those applicants who have a legal right to work in the UK and have an appropriate amount of practical relevant UK tax experience will be considered for this tax job, or any other Manchester VAT in-house tax job
|Back to search results|